E.J.'s football coach wrote this poem about him, and I thought I would share.
Mountain of a Man
Let me tell ya a story about a mountain of a man,
He was only here for a short time, but I’ll tell ya what I can.
He was born and grew up on the banks of the Salmon River,
He never said a foul word and he still made QBs shiver.
He could bugle in the big ones, and knock em’ down with ease,
He reeled in the monster fish and he loved his family.
He served a mission for his church where again he proved his worth,
He wrapped up big running backs and brought them back to earth.
All-State, All-American and he finished with multiple degrees,
Whatever he put his mind to he would accomplish it with ease.
He started a beautiful family with his wife and his two boys,
They will carry on his legacy, spreading his message of joy.
It will be tough for all of us to continue on without him present,
His smile, laughter, and friendship, were truly heaven-sent.
His amazing family was his rock, and he showed the very same love,
I know that he is safe, with the heavenly father above.
I hope the angels were on their toes when he received his reward,
I guarantee you one thing; no one up there is bored.
I’d love to be real selfish and keep him here with me,
But God needed a hero, and so it will be.
Carry on my good friends and remember the good times each day,
A big smile, “I love ya buddy”, the man I speak of is my good friend E.J.
He showed us all how to live our life… do good whenever you can,
He laughed, and loved, I’ll never forget this MOUNTAIN OF A MAN!!!!!
-Coach Hunt




3 comments:
This is neat :)
what a great poem... i didn't know ej, just met him once at our open house... but he sounds like an awesome guy!
What a great tribute to a great man. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment