Friday, December 18, 2009

Farewell

Everything we own is packed. Our cars are fueled. The only thing left is our mattress and a few boxes on the floor.

Tomorrow we start the next chapter of our lives in Logan, Utah. We are so excited, but it is strange that so much has changed in the past year! Myka grew from a newborn to a toddler. She learned to sit up, smile, roll over, laugh, crawl, wave, stand, and she is now starting to walk! Casey and I have grown so close through our struggles and triumphs. It feels like we have become a new family that is more centered around each other and the gospel. We have learned so much through our schooling, but also from living and the new experience of being parents.

In just a few weeks I will be teaching Business and Health at the high school in Logan. Casey will be one step closer to his goal of being a counselor. And of course, Myka will continue to be the center of our universe! We will have new neighbors, a new ward, new schools, but we will still be our same little family, and we will still have each other. To me that is the greatest blessing!!

Good bye Cedar City! Hello Logan, Utah!

6 comments:

Ashley Jackson said...

Wow I can't believe you are already leaving!!! It has been such a crazy week and I feel awful that we didn't get together. My sister Mikkel had her baby last night and it has been a little crazy! Best of luck to you guys in your newest adventure, it will be amazing I'm sure! We will miss you and I really wish we could've spent more time together and I hope that we can always keep in touch. You have a beautiful little family:)

Chelsea and Glen said...

We are sad to see you go! Have fun in Logan and keep updating your blog!

The Tibbitts said...

I love how you just put everything into perspective. No matter how life changes, family and the gospel are always the same and always forever. We hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Coby & Ash said...

Life is crazy! I hope you guys LOVE Logan! It was great seeing you and celebrating Myka's 1st birthday! Love you guys and hope to see you soon! Good luck with EVERYTHING!!!

Danielle and Brian said...

Hey Em!! You guys will love love love Logan! It is such a great place. Bri and I wish that there weren't so many dentists so that we could come back and practice there! it is such a great place and so many good people. Let me know if you need any help at all finding a place to live or a great ward to attend or want some great new friends! We miss them so much! Love you guys

Arfmann Family said...

Em
Good luck with your move. Can you get me your new address? My sister lives in Logan, and they love it! Will you be in Salmon for new years?
Merry Christmas,
Hollie