Monday, September 28, 2009

Olympia Expo

This weekend we decided to go to the Mr. Olympia Expo to get a bunch of free things, and we ended up running into a lot exciting people. While Casey and I were looking at a map of the floor someone ran into Casey and, being a little upset, Casey turned around, and it was Ronnie Coleman. Probably NOT the guy ANYONE would want to fight! Then while we were just looking around in amazement we realized Thiago Silva was standing right next to us! He started talking to Casey, and I also met his wife. Since I think the nicest person in the UFC should win, I decided Silva should be the next world champion! We also talked to Anthony Johnson, and a few other UFC fighters (you'd have to ask Casey for the names) who were all just hanging out when it started. The expo had almost 75 different vendors, the world's strongest man championship, Olympia figure and fitness championships, and the world grappling championships all going on inside the same room at the same time! I was glad we got there early because we got to not only meet, but talk to a lot of really cool people, and we got a lot of FREE things.



I also recognized a bunch of the female fitness competitors and models since they are in every fitness magazine you can find. Jamie Eason was walking around and I told Casey who she was. I was a little embarassed because she heard me, but she told me to go over and get a picture with her, and she talked to me for a few minutes. She is one girl I would not mess with!




We also saw Forest Griffin, and you could tell he thought he was so cool. I didn't really like him, and I just wanted to tell that even though he can beat most people up, he's still ugly. He was pretty nice to Casey though, but he was too arrogant for me!




We also saw Brock Lesnar and Hulk Hogan, but we didn't talk to them. Brock Lesnar was smiling and having a good time meeting everyone. We were thinking about talking to him, but by the afternoon there were a lot of people around so we didn't even bother.


We saw a lot of exciting people this weekend, but my favorite part is that we got hundreds of dollars of FREE things!

3 comments:

Chris and Ashley said...

That sounds like quite the night!

The Tibbitts said...

Wow! That sounds really cool! I am glad you had fun and got some FREE stuff-that is always exciting to me.

Forever Young said...

Hey was kimbo slice there? We like him too. Wasn't Casey into all that or something? Like didn't he used to fight or something? anyway way cool,I hope we get to go to one of those some day=)