My Grandma and Grandpa Weeks are absolutely amazing! They have been such a rock in my life-- I have always known exactly what they believed in, and at times I have used their testimony when mine has not been as strong. I am so grateful to have grown up with them living next door. I have so many great memories with them! My grandma is the sweetest person you will ever meet, and even with her health complications, she spends her time serving others. My grandpa is the funniest person, and he works so hard! I could always walk to my grandparents house growing up when I needed someone to talk to, and every Sunday we would have dessert at their house. Anytime I see a Schwans truck I always think of my grandparents. My grandpa was always at all of my sporting events, and they were always there to support me in all of my endeavors.
60 Years is the diamond anniversary because, like a diamond, their marriage has come to a point where nothing can damage it, and the luster is above all other shiny materials. They are such a great example of what a marriage should be!
At the reunion my cousin, Kory, presented "Life and the English Language According to Don Weeks" which are so funny because they are all true! It is filled with my grandpa's own language and phrases that he uses. Here are a few examples:
Bandillo: vanilla- usually talking about the nightly bowl of Schwan's ice cream.
Bear grease: His hair gel stuff--we'd wait till he fell asleep during his lunch hour and they styled his hair like Alfalfa--it would stand straight up because of bear grease.
Cat hair: not what you think it would be, but used to be a replacement for 'kee-rap' at times. i.e. "What in the 'cat hair' do you think you are doin?"
Cheese: A dear old friend, not to be confused with a food product.
Frog Hair: term of measurement on Grandpa's fine scale, if you are at the top you are 'finer than frog hair', meaning elegant beyond perception, just as the follicle projectiles of amphibians.
These are just a few of the many pages of his dictionary, which also includes his nick names for each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild!
Grandma and Grandpa Weeks
Myka and her cousins, Hunter and Zeric.
Everyone that attended the reunion!

My immediate family (except Elder Infanger in Hawaii)

After the reunion we spent the evening at the lake. While we were taking turns getting pulled behind the boat, two huge air cranes came right next to us and were getting water to fight a forest fire. The sun was setting, and the propelors were making a mist on the water. It was beautiful! The rest of the evening there were at least fifteen more that kept filling up with water next to us in the lake.
It was such a great weekend seeing my family in Idaho, I just wish we could do it more often, and that we had more time together! Thank you to all of my family who helped make it such a memorable time for all of us!




2 comments:
How fun Em! Nothing's better than being with family. I love the pics, you all look so happy. Your hair is really cute- little Myka is such a doll. Take care.
It sounds like you guys had a great time. I loved the poem about your grandpa--what a cute idea. I don't know him very well but it made me think of the funny things my grandpa says. I bet it was fun to have your family all together. I would love to get together for a play date in Salmon some time.
Post a Comment