Friday, June 15, 2012

wow!

Do people blog any more? I don't know. I haven't checked. I've only posted a few times in the past few years, but I've decided I'm going to do better about blogging for myself. I don't journal at all, and it seems the only constant thing in my life is change, so in order to keep a record of it all I'm going to attempt to use this blog more often.

So to get you up-to-date:

Myka:
  • 3 1/2 YEARS OLD!! Crazy, right?! She is the happiest, most loving and amazing girl in the world!! It's sad how fast she is growing up! 
  • She is on a new kick about "peace makers", and she gives me lessons almost every day about whether I am being a "peace maker" or not. 
  • She's doing great with her letters, their sounds, and also her signs. She loves figuring out what words start with what letters by trying to sound it out. 
  • The only problem I've had with her so far is she is SOOOO friendly! She will go up to complete strangers and give them a big hug. We were in a gas station in Malad, Idaho, and Myka went up to this lady and hugged her leg. The lady was shocked, and I tried to explain to Myka that hugs are for people we know, you know "stranger danger" kind of thing, and she responded, "But mom, I like being nice to people and making new friends!". Okay, what do I say to that? She wins!

Casey:
  • Separated his right shoulder playing football last month. 
  • Had surgery on his right shoulder. 
  • Broke his left arm at work after being back to work for about a week and a half. 
  • Found out he has an infection in his shoulder where he had surgery. 
  • He is at the doctors every few days, but I think he is on the mend! He is out of work for a few weeks so let's hope he can get all healed up from his injuries!
  • He is the best dad in the entire world!! It's amazing to see him with Myka! And nothing makes me happier in the world than to see the two of them happy!

Me:
  • Finished a great school year teaching Health at Vernal Junior High! 
  • Turned in my coaching resignation :(. It broke my heart, but I just felt like I had way too much on my plate this year, and I'm taking more classes this next year. 
  • I am a CrossFit addict, and I have wonderful friends who keep pushing me every day! I can now do double unders, hand-stand pushups, and pull ups. I love it!
  • Have many new goals for myself. Definitely have a lot I need to work on as a person, and hopefully I will get better with time!
 
One of my friends told me today that sometimes when we think things in our life are falling apart they are actually falling together . . . it really has felt like things have been falling apart, so I can't wait to see what is really just coming together for our little family :)!!

Until next time, happy trails friends :)!