Monday, January 9, 2012

Mitt Romney

Although I am not a political junkie, last Tuesday I stayed up all night watching the Republican Caucus in Iowa. It was an extremely close race, and we didn't get the final results until 1 am. Mitt Romney won by 8 single votes.

This brought tears to my eyes because it was just 4 years ago that my brother, E.J., worked for Mitt Romney in Iowa. E.J. only actually met Mitt twice, but he strongly believed in his ability to turn our country around, especially financially.

When E.J. passed away, his wife, Adrienne, received a hand-written card from Romney and his family. He also included a check from his personal bank account for $2,000, and he said he wanted the money to be used to help send their two boys to college one day.

I can't tell you exactly what Mitt Romney's voting record is while he has been involved in government, but I can tell you that he is a kind and caring person who tries to bless the lives of others. The fact that he would take time out of his day while he was preparing to run for president to send a card to a widow and her two baby boys and to contribute to the boys' future tells me more about the kind of person Mitt Romney is than any voting record!

Thank you and good luck, Mitt!!!

2 comments:

Ashley Jackson said...

That is really neat Emily. I'm with you I don't know much about politics and I have not met Mitt Romney but I did see him once. I heard other stories about him and his families kindness when I lived in Mass while he was governer there. I do believe that he is a good person trying to do good things. I also heard his wife is a really neat lady. Thank's for sharing:)

Tiarra said...

This is amazing. :) Just goes to show what a special person your brother was and is!