As most of you probably know, my brother passed away about a week ago. I haven't had the courage to really talk about it yet, but I thought I would share the obituary that my mom wrote. Words can't explain how terrible this has been, but at the same time, I am more grateful than ever for my faith, family and friends.
Earl James Infanger, son of Jim Bob and Sharon Infanger, died on April 9, 2011, in Denison, Iowa.
E.J. was born in Salmon, Idaho, on September 22, 1982, the first of seven children. He was raised on the banks of the Salmon River and loved to explore the mountains. E.J. was active in church and boy scouts activities and received his Eagle Scout Award. He enjoyed sports throughout his school years, but football was his all-time favorite. He was recognized as an all-state linebacker his senior year of high school.
E.J. went on to play for his high school coach, Ryan Nourse, who transferred to Morningside College in Sioux City, Iowa. During E.J.’s college football career he received many awards including the All-American Linebacker award. He was also the recipient of the National Champion of Character Award in the NAIA football division. He graduated from Morningside College with a Bachelor of Science degree in History.
E.J. continued his education at the University of South Dakota serving as a student senator where he helped initiate plans for the new student center. He received his Master of Public Administration with high honors (4.0 gpa) and was inducted into Pi Alpha Alpha and the Golden Key International Honour Society. He worked for Habitat for Humanity, Mitt Romney’s presidential election campaign and Hyperion. Most recently he served as field director over 33 Iowan counties for Governor Terry Branstad’s successful campaign.
E.J. married Adrienne Ann Bielenberg on December 30, 2005, in Salmon, Idaho. They were sealed in the Idaho Falls Temple on August 4, 2006. They welcomed their first son, Hunter James on March 23, 2009 and their second son, Gage Robert on October 11, 2010.
E.J. was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He served an honorable mission in the Virginia Richmond Mission from 2002 to 2003. He had a vibrant personality and was full of compassion and love for all. He was a loving husband and an outstanding, loving father. E.J.’s smile and contagious laugh are forever imprinted into the hearts of all who knew him.
E.J. is survived by Adrienne Ann Infanger (wife), Hunter James Infanger (son), Gage Robert Infanger (son) all of Denison, Iowa; Jim Bob Infanger (father), Sharon Infanger (mother), Don Weeks (maternal grandfather), Idell Weeks (maternal grandmother), Vera Infanger (paternal grandmother), all of Salmon; Craig Infanger (brother) of Arcata, California, Emily Hansen (sister) and husband Casey and daughter Myka of Logan, Utah, Branden Infanger (brother), Brittney Infanger (sister) Jayden Infanger (brother) and Erica Infanger (sister) all of Salmon, 20 Aunts and Uncles and 52 first cousins.





9 comments:
That was beautiful. We wish we could have been there this weekend, my parents told me how amazing/spiritual/healing it was. You and your family are constantly in our prayers. Love you!
I am so sorry to hear about your loss Emily. Your mom wrote that so beautifully. Your family is so wonderful I always remember the fun I had visiting Salmon with you. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Wish I could have been there, Ben said everything was just beautiful. You have all been in our prayers! Love you Emily!
So sorry for your loss Emily. I'll pray for his family.
Whitney
My parents said everything was beautiful and I wish I could have been there. I loved EJ and his sweet family. I have been thinking of ur family a ton. my prayers r with you and your family. let me know if there is anything I can do.
Emily, I am so so sorry for your families loss. You guys are in our prayers.
Blogging is therapeutic. My sister who lost her 30 year old son to cancer kept a blog to help her in her grief. I think writing, chocolate, prayers and hugs are needed. Love you!
Whoops that was LeNell
Em
Such a beautiful tribute. The funeral services were so lovely and we want you to know how much we love EJ and love you! Your family is so amazing and we hope you will feel our love to strengthen all of you. Sure love you!
Post a Comment