Monday, August 22, 2011

Start of a new School Year

August? Really? As in the month school starts again after summer break? As in we are 1 day away from the first day of school?!?!?!

Yep! It's here! And I can't believe it! This whole year has been a whirl wind, but we are finally getting settled in to Vernal, and so far we are loving being back in the Basin . . . and I am really enjoying my new school (maybe it's because there are no kids there yet :)? Just kidding! All of the people here are great!)!!

It's funny to me because when I tell people I am a teacher most people respond, "Oh, do you teach kindergarten?" Or if I just tell someone I teach Health at the Jr. High, I usually get a laugh followed by a, "good luck!". So I have decided I am going to show the world just how wonderful Jr. High kids are!! Yes, they are full of energy and hormones, but they are the most fun group of kids when you can channel their energy towards learning and positive things . . . and I just hope I am still thinking this way after two weeks of being back in the regular public school :)!



I found this little quote, and I love it because that is totally how teaching is for me! . . .Especially teaching 8th grade Health!! Sometimes you just have to pretend that is the way you had it planned out, and really, no one knows any different. Just keep calm and pretend it is on the lesson plan!!!

3 comments:

The Tibbitts said...

You are an amazing person and I'm sure you are a great teacher. Good Luck this year!

Ashley Jackson said...

I didn't realize you guys had now moved to Vernal. You guys are just moving fools!:) I know I am very sad that summer is coming to a close. Good luck with the first week of school. You will do great and I am sure all the kids love you!

Veronica and TJ said...

Those eighth grade boys are going to love you:) Good luck with everything. We will have to get together one of these times when we come to Vernal.